Mark Zelich Classic 2020
Save the Date:
The 2020 Mark Zelich Classic will be on July 25th & 26th @ Wausau Country Club
Entry Form and further information coming in the Spring of 2020.
The Mark Zelich Classic continues a 60 year tradition as a prominent event to the region.
Tournament Format: This will be a two-day, 36 hole (weather permitting), stroke play Amateur event. USGA rules will govern all play. Participation is open to everyone 16 years of age and older, regardless of residence location. Field will be limited to first 110 entries submitted with payment.
There will be three main divisions: Mens, Seniors (50+), and Women. Players in all divisions are guaranteed play on both Saturday and Sunday. After the first day we will flight players within the divisions based on their scores. The number of flights and players within each flight will be based on the number of entries received for each division.
Golf Carts: All golf carts must be reserved in advance of the event. We cannot guarantee a cart if they are not reserved on your entry form. Players will be able to reserve carts on the upcoming entry forms.
Other Notable Information:
- Practice rounds will be available by calling the course and scheduling. Practice rounds can only be taken after entry form and check have been sent in
- We will post tee times by Tuesday the week of the event, with a link on the top section of this page.
- Caddies and Spectators are welcome.
- All rules decisions will be made by the WCC Head Golf Professional.
- In case of bad weather we will attempt to complete as many holes as safely as possible. All decisions on when and how to play will be made by the WCC Head Golf Professional and the Tournament Committee. In such cases where weather or outside forces prohibit completion of play, or any amount of play, no refunds will be given to any player for playing less that 36 holes of golf.
- Any and all tournament decisions will be made by the Tournament Committee, and are final.
As with any big golf tournament, some sponsorship will be needed. Sponsors will be prominently displayed on event materials such as: event signage, rules sheets, and mentioned at the awards ceremony. If you, or someone you know is interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact either of the committee members below. Any donation, from any person or business, regardless of the amount, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you to everyone involved, especially Wausau Country Club and their board. We look forward to seeing you all at the Mark Zelich Classic in July.
Please direct any feedback or questions to the Tournament Committee Chairpersons:
Nic Babl at 715-574-3319 or Nbabl33@gmail.com
Derek Hilmershausen at 715-245-9742 or firstname.lastname@example.org