2020 Mark Zelich Golf Classic
Time & Location
About the Event
This event is a premiere golf tournament in Central Wisconsin and a prominent fixture to the region. The golf tournament is in honor of one amazing man, Mark Zelich, the creator of the legendary Channel 7 Golf tournament 60 years ago in 1961.
Tournament Format: A two-day, 36 hole (weather permitting), stroke play Amateur event. USGA rules will govern all play. Participation is open to everyone 16 years of age and older, regardless of residence location. Field will be limited to first 110 entries submitted with payment.
There will be three main divisions: Mens, Seniors (50+), and Women. Seniors must be 50 years old as of the first day of the tournament. Seniors can declare to play in the Mens division if they so choose, but will not be able to play in both at the same time as they will be played from different tee markers. Players in all divisions are guaranteed play on both Saturday and Sunday. After the first day we will flight players within the divisions based on their scores. The number of flights and players within each flight will be based on the number of entries received for each division.
Golf Carts: All golf carts must be reserved in advance of the event. We cannot guarantee a cart if they are not reserved on your entry form. Players will be able to reserve carts on the upcoming entry forms.
Other Notable Information:
- Practice rounds will be available by calling the course and scheduling. Practice rounds can only be taken after entry form and check have been sent in.
- We will post tee times by Tuesday the week of the event, with a link on the top section of this page.
- Caddies and Spectators are welcome.
- All rules decisions will be made by the WCC Head Golf Professional.
- In case of bad weather we will attempt to complete as many holes as safely as possible. All decisions on when and how to play will be made by the WCC Head Golf Professional and the Tournament Committee. In such cases where weather or outside forces prohibit completion of play, or any amount of play, no refunds will be given to any player for playing less that 36 holes of golf.
- Any and all tournament decisions will be made by the Tournament Committee, and are final.
Thank you to everyone involved, especially Wausau Country Club and their board. We look forward to seeing you all at the Mark Zelich Classic in July.