Mark Zelich Golf Classic 2022
The 2022 Mark Zelich Classic will be July 30th & 31st @ Timber Ridge Golf Club
We are expecting to open up Registration around the beginning of May 2022.
This event is a premiere golf tournament in Central Wisconsin and a prominent fixture to the region. The golf tournament is in honor of one amazing man, Mark Zelich, the creator of the legendary Channel 7 Golf tournament 60 years ago in 1961.
Tournament Format: A two-day, 36 hole (weather permitting), stroke play Amateur event. USGA rules will govern all play. Participation is open to everyone 16 years of age and older, regardless of residence location. Field will be limited to first 110 entries submitted with payment.
There will be three main divisions: Mens, Seniors (50+), and Ladies. Seniors must be 50 years old as of the first day of the tournament. Seniors can declare to play in the Mens division if they so choose, but will not be able to play in both at the same time as they will be playing from different tee markers. Players in all divisions are guaranteed play on both Saturday and Sunday. After the first day we will flight players within the divisions based on their scores. The number of flights and players within each flight will be based on the number of entries received for each division.
Golf Carts: All golf carts must be reserved in advance of the event during registration. We cannot guarantee a cart if they are not reserved on your entry form. Players will be able to reserve carts on the upcoming entry forms.
Other Notable Information:
- Practice rounds will be available by calling the course and scheduling. Practice rounds can only be taken after you have registered online.
- We will post tee times by Tuesday the week of the event, with a link on the top section of this page.
- Caddies and Spectators are welcome.
- All rules decisions will be made by the Timber Ridge Head Golf Professional.
- No refunds will be given for contestant entry fees for withdraws after 7/22/22.
- In case of bad weather we will attempt to complete as many holes as safely as possible. All decisions on when and how to play will be made by the Timber Ridge Head Golf Professional and the Tournament Committee. In such cases where weather or outside forces prohibit completion of play, or any amount of play, no refunds will be given to any player for playing less that 36 holes of golf.- Any and all tournament decisions will be made by the Tournament Committee, and are final.
We are expecting to have everyone going off of the #1 tee both days this weekend. Here are the approximate tee time blocks (subject to change) for both Saturday, and Sunday with the leaders going out last in each Division:
Mens - Saturday 8 - 10 AM, Sunday 10 AM - 12 PM
Mens Seniors - Saturday 11 AM - 12 PM, Sunday 9 - 10 AM
Mens Super Seniors - Saturday 10:30 AM - 11 PM, Sunday 8:30 - 9 AM
Ladies and Senior Ladies - Saturday 10 - 10:30 AM, Sunday 8 - 8:30 AM
As with any big golf tournament, some sponsorship will be needed. Sponsors will be prominently displayed on event materials such as: event signage, rules sheets, and mentioned at the awards ceremony. If you, or someone you know is interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact either of the committee members below. Any donation, from any person or business, regardless of the amount, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you to everyone who signs up and continues to keep this legendary event going. And a big thank you to Timber Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you all at the Mark Zelich Golf Classic in July.
Please direct any feedback or questions to the Tournament Committee Chairpersons:
Nic Babl at 715-574-3319 or NBabl33@Gmail.com
Derek Hilmershausen at 715-245-9742 or HilmerDJ@Gmail.com