With a strong desire from many players in the Central Wisconsin area to have a premiere golf tournament, a new event has been created with the hopes of it becoming a prominent fixture to the region. This golf tournament will particularly special as it will be in honor of one legendary man, Mark Zelich. Some of you may know Mark, but if not, he is a person who has been a huge advocate for excellent golf over the last few decades.
So, it brings great pleasure to announce the start of a new era of competitive golf by bringing you the Mark Zelich Classic – Central Wisconsin Invitational, to be played at Stevens Point Country Club August 3rd and 4th, 2019.
As with any big golf tournament, some sponsorship will be needed. Sponsors will be prominently displayed on event materials such as: event signage, rules sheets, and mentioned at the awards ceremony. If you, or someone you know is interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact either of the committee members below. Any donation, from any person or business, regardless of the amount, would be greatly appreciated.
With this being the first year of the tournament, we will be looking to gather information and feedback once the tournament is complete. As a committee, we can then look to make any potential changes or enhancements going forward. Please direct any comments to the Tournament Committee Chairpersons.
Thank you to everyone involved, especially Stevens Point Country Club and their board, for getting this tournament off the ground and running. We look forward to seeing you all at SPCC in August.
Tournament will be August 3rd & 4th, 2019 @ Stevens Point Country Club
Cost is $120 per player
Deadline for entry is July 28th, 2019
Tournament Format: This will be a two-day, 36 hole (weather permitting), stroke play Amateur event. USGA rules will govern all play. Participation is open to everyone 16 years of age and older, regardless of residence location. Field will be limited to first 110 entries submitted with payment.
There will be three main divisions: Mens, Seniors (50+), and Women. Players in all divisions are guaranteed play on both Saturday and Sunday. After the first day we will flight players within the divisions based on their scores. The number of flights and players within each flight will be based on the number of entries received for each division.
Golf Carts: All golf carts must be reserved in advance of the event. To reserve a golf cart please indicate which days you would like below. We cannot guarantee a cart if they are not reserved on your entry form.
Shared Cart: If you share the cart with another golfer the cost is $20 per round (paid the day of)
Solo Cart: If you want the entire golf cart to yourself, the cost is $40 per round (paid the day of)
Other Notable Information:
- Practice rounds are available by calling the course and scheduling. Cost of practice rounds will be $40 walking (+ tax). Practice rounds can only be taken after entry form and check have been sent in
- Range balls will be provided on the day of the events.
- We will post tee times by Tuesday the week of the event, with a link on the top section of this page.
- Caddies and Spectators are welcome.
- Refunds will not be given on entry fees after the July 24th, 2019 deadline.
- In case of bad weather we will attempt to complete as many holes as safely as possible. All decisions on when and how to play will be made by the SPCC Head Golf Professional and the Tournament Committee. In such cases where weather or outside forces prohibit completion of play, or any amount of play, no refunds will be given to any player for playing less that 36 holes of golf.
- All decisions will be made by the Tournament Committee, and are final.
Make checks for $120 payable to Stevens Point Country Club
Send check along with a completed entry form (at link below) to:
Mark Zelich Classic
PO Box 1842
Wausau, WI. 54402
Please direct any feedback or questions to the Tournament Committee Chairpersons:
Nic Babl at 715-574-3319 or Nbabl33@gmail.com
Derek Hilmershausen at 715-245-9742 or firstname.lastname@example.org